About Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya
Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya (September 25, 1916-February 11, 1968) was a great thinker of the Indian tradition. To commemorate his national contributions, Gorakhpur University was renamed Deendayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University, the first university in the country.
Deendayal Upadhyaya, the flag bearer of India-centric ideology, was a penetrator of global philosophy. His integral human philosophy dedicated to humanity is acceptable to all. He believed that Integral Human Philosophy would give freedom to each nation to develop according to its nature and tendency. Just as every individual works according to their merits and deeds and offers the entire fruit of development to society, in the same way, every nation will consider itself a part of humanity. Therefore, establishing a research chair at Deendayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University on this ideological establishment has been considered very important.
Deendayal Upadhyaya Research Chair was established in continuation of the letter of Uttar Pradesh Government 68/2017/1809/Sattar-4-2017-11 15/2017 dated December 1, 2017. Prof. K.N. Singh was appointed its first director, whereas Prof. Naresh Prasad Bhokta was appointed 2nd director of this chair. Currently, Prof. Sanjit Kumar Gupta is Director of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya shodhpeeth.
Objectives of the Shodhpeeth
Although the main objective of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Sodhpeeth is to provide serious research on the thought and philosophy of Deendayal Upadhyaya and to provide opportunities for implementing various programs in university education, so that in the light of that thinking, the overall development of the nation and protection of world humanity can be done; however, some points are as follows:
- To pay a constructive tribute to the memory of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- To acquaint the students with the personality and philosophy of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- To provide a systematic state-of-the-art well-equipped research center for the study of intellectuals and researchers working in the field of humanities and social sciences in the light of the thoughts and philosophy of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- Research and implement the integral human vision in the social and economic field.
- Practical on national and international issues based on integral human and collectivism.
- To publish and disseminate all the works and works of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya and translate it into different languages so that the public could benefit from it.
- To establish contacts, coordination, and linkages to the research institutions in the name of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya.