Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur is committed to provide
congenial atmosphere to all faculty members and research scholars to do
excellent research pertaining to both local and global issues. The Research
Promotion Policy of the university aims to help its faculty members, research
scholars and other stakeholders to achieve the excellence in “research, innovation
and entrepreneurship” contributing to upliftment of both institution and society.
- To encourage faculty members to formulate specific research projects based on their area of specialization for financial support by different funding agencies.
- To initiate collaborations with national and international institutes/universities for developing state-of-the-art technologies relevant to different disciplines.
- To motivate the faculty members and Ph.D. scholars to publish the outcomes of their research in peer-reviewed journal with high impact factors, file patents and transfer technologies to relevant industries.
- To recognize both faculty members and students for their significant research outcomes by awards.
To achieve the above-mentioned objectives, several initiatives were framed and proposed.
click here to download
- Mahayogi Guru Gorakshnath Gold Medal for Ph.D. research scholars for
doing extraordinary research. This is generally decided by Dean’s
committee where applications received from research scholars forwarded
by respective Head of the Department are screened on the basis of several
Some of the criteria are:
- Student is a regular Ph.D. scholar registered in any department of D.D.U. Gorakhpur University.
- He should be either first author or corresponding author for the paper(s) published and to be claimed for award.
- Research/review papers published in peer-reviewed journals under SCI/SCIE with impact factor of Thomson Reuter are preferred.
- The outcome of the research in terms of publications is considered for the period from the last convocation upto/or before submission of the Ph.D. thesis.
- An Intellectual Property Right (IPR) Cell funded by Council of Science and
Technology, Lucknow has been established in the University to assist
faculty members and students for filing patents and get an insight into
- A committee for promoting research excellence by formulating rules and regulation for implementation of research projects has been formed.
- Research awards to faculty members for excellence have been proposed.
- Institutional fellowship for some Ph.D. scholars is also proposed.
- It is also proposed to provide seed money for faculty members showing potential for excellent research.
- Financial support to faculty members for participation in seminar/workshop/conferences, both National and International, has been provided.
- To carry out research projects funded by different funding agencies, separate sections like UGC, DST, CST-UP, etc. are available which facilitate the proper utilization of funds.